We are seeking a full time Purchasing Specialist to source and procure materials for our wood manufacturing shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inventory management & analysis, MRP, for wood manufacturing center
• Create purchase orders for supplies, raw materials, custom materials
• Handle logistics to make sure materials arrive on time
• Find, evaluate, and select vendors to supply products
• Work with design team to identify material requirements
• Sourcing of viable vendors and products through product costing, sampling, and quality testing
• Complete all sourcing and purchasing activities in a timely manner and driving efficiencies whenever possible
• Negotiate with vendors to achieve competitive pricing and terms, while maintaining top quality product
• Developing strong working relationships with vendors and their representatives
• BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field in addition to excellent oral and written communication skills; a strong mathematical and analytical approach to problem solving; OR
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant buying experience in woodworking or retail store fixture industry.
• Experience in a purchasing role while managing inventory levels and turns.
• Experience with a fast-paced, high volume, efficient organization with emphasis on customer service and delivering results
• Experience in B2B companies with major distribution and overseas operations would be highly desirable
• Ability to research new and unique materials that match design specifications
• Considerable attention to detail and sense of urgency to ensure value-added content in the purchasing process
• Sourcing merchandise through new and existing vendors
• Must be proficient with computers and automated process and production systems
• Must have a working knowledge of MS Office software which includes Office, Excel and Outlook
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$55,000.00 to $65,000.00 annual salary|
|Benefits||Health care with HSA and HRA, dental plan, PTO|