The Manufacturing Engineer III develops, documents, and implements repeatable processes required to manufacture products with a focus on safety, quality, ergonomics, delivery, and cost. Demonstrates independent thinking on projects and problems. Drives for continuous improvement in all processes and to troubleshoot and resolve production obstacles.
Manufacturing Engineer III will have day-to-day responsibility in specified areas of the factory but will also be a cross-functional engineer throughout.
- Research, Identify, Install, and Qualify capital equipment to meet the requirements of product design and production processes.
- Lead projects and teams for key manufacturing initiatives.
- Works cross functionally to represent Manufacturing Engineering and Process requirements for development of business systems and processes.
- Implement repeatable, stable, and ergonomic processes to ensure Production operators can successfully meet, or exceed, established cycle times.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on quality and process metrics.
- Responds to quality issues and out-of-control events, including preventative and corrective action as well as subsequent continuous improvement projects.
- Resolve process, product, or systems problems that prevent meeting standard cycle-times or create ergonomic issues.
- Drive continuous improvement activities. Utilizes lean manufacturing principles to ensure sustainable improvements.
- Ensure facility layout, production flow, manufacturing methods, and work station design support production requirements.
- Ensure accurate sequence of events (SOE) and capacity models. Compares actual production time to SOEs to determine process performance and efficiency. Maintain accurate process times in ERP system to ensure accurate costing models.
- Ensures all processes have accurate and reliable internal work instructions (IWI) and machines/tools have documentation to ensure safe, reliable, and repeatable processes.
- Develop and maintain risk management documentation (FMEA, Control Plans, etc).
- Ensure the timely release of NPI products by participating in DFM reviews and cross-functional collaboration with the Engineering, Test Engineering, Materials, and Production groups. Ensure technology and processes capable of delivering NPI products.
- Defines and coordinates maintenance, repairs, and calibration of equipment.
- Assists with hands-on training of production staff on new or revised processes, products, tooling, and equipment.
- Responsible for bill of material (BOM), workflows, labor content and part number maintenance for manufacturing processes. Implements ECOs and completes ECO tasks as needed.
- Develop Lean Manufacturing skills and knowledge.
- Represent area of responsibility at Daily Management System (DMS) meetings and report out on actions toward resolution of obstacles.
- Interface with Enterprise Applications Team and Manufacturing Change Analyst to create/select appropriate production flows.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of recent, hands-on manufacturing experience in the applicable process area of expertise.
- Demonstrable experience in improving manufacturing processes, including an understanding of and the utilization of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and advanced competence in Excel.
- Organized and analytical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various department personnel.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be willing to alter hours including working weekends as the job requires.
- Must be willing to travel (less than 5%) for training.
|Job Category||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$90,000.00 to $110,000.00 annual salary commensurate|
|Benefits||Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, flex spending account, 401K with match, holiday and vacation pay|
|Employees||60 at this facility|
|Years in Business||40+|
|Annual Revenue||250 million total, 25 million at this location|
|Manufacturing Square Feet||45K|
|Area Information||Population 34,016 Median Age 31 Median Household Income $27,365 Median Home Price $67,900|
|State Tax Information||Sales Taxes State Sales Tax: 6% (food, clothing, textbooks, heating fuels, and prescription and non-prescription drugs are exempt). Other taxing entities may add up to 2%. Gasoline Tax: 76.60 cents/gallon (Includes all taxes) Diesel Fuel Tax: 99.10 cents/gallon (Includes all taxes) Cigarette Tax: $2.60/pack of 20 Personal Income Taxes (Click here) (Brackets, deductions, exemptions, and tax rate range) Medical/Dental Deduction: None Federal Income Tax Deduction: None Retirement Income Taxes: Retirement income of all forms is exempt from taxation for residents 60 and older. Retired means meeting the requirements of a Pennsylvania eligible plan and separated from service by retiring. Eligible employer-sponsored retirement plans can, but do not necessarily, include employer-sponsored deferred compensation plans; 401(k) plans, thrift plans, thrift savings plans, and eligible welfare plans. Income not taxed includes Social Security benefits and Railroad Retirement benefits; commonly recognized pension, old age retirement benefits paid after becoming eligible to retire, and then retiring. It also includes United Mine Workers’ pensions, military pensions, and civil service annuities. For more information, click here. Retired Military Pay: As long as you retire from the military with either years of service or age, your retirement income is not taxable. Military Disability Retired Pay: Retirees who entered the military before Sept. 24, 1975, and members receiving disability retirements based on combat injuries or who could receive disability payments from the VA are covered by laws giving disability broad exemption from federal income tax. Most military retired pay based on service-related disabilities also is free from federal income tax, but there is no guarantee of total protection. VA Disability Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: VA benefits are not taxable because they generally are for disabilities and are not subject to federal or state taxes. Military SBP/SSBP/RCSBP/RSFPP: Generally subject to state taxes for those states with income tax. Check with state department of revenue office. Property Taxes Property taxes are levied by local governments (counties, municipalities and school districts). The tax cannot exceed 30 mills on the assessed valuation of the property without special permission from the courts. Households with claimants or spouses 65 years of age or older, widows or widowers 50 years of age or older, or permanently disabled individuals 18 years of age or older meeting income eligibility requirements may qualify for this program. Rebates of paid property tax or rent, up to a maximum of $975 per year, are available. To qualify, annual household eligibility income must not exceed $35,000. Applicants can exclude, as income, one-half of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits. The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program allows residents to exclude 50% of Social Security payments and 50% of Railroad Retirement benefit payments from eligibility income. The maximum rebate is $650. Counties may levy an intangible personal property tax, which taxes stocks, bonds and other personal property taxpayers may own. Not all counties levy this tax. For more details, click here. Inheritance and Estate Taxes The Pennsylvania inheritance tax is calculated at a percentage of the value of the assets transferred which is determined by the relationship of the heir to the decedent and the decedent’s date of death. The tax rate is 4.5% for transfers to direct descendants (lineal heirs), 12% for transfers to siblings, and 15% for transfers to other heirs (except charitable organizations, exempt institutions, and government entities). Property owned jointly between husband and wife is exempt from the tax, while property inherited from a spouse, or from a child 21 or younger by a parent is exempt. The estate tax is related to federal estate tax collection. For further information, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue site or call 717-787-8201.|
|Annual Weather||Annual high temperature: 64.7°F Annual low temperature: 47°F Average temperature: 55.85°F Average annual precipitation - rainfall: 41.45 inch Days per year with precipitation - rainfall: - Annual hours of sunshine: - Av. annual snowfall: 23 inch|
|School Rating||above average (7-10)|