The Manufacturing Engineer III develops, documents, and implements repeatable processes required to manufacture products with a focus on safety, quality, ergonomics, delivery, and cost. Demonstrates independent thinking on projects and problems. Drives for continuous improvement in all processes and to troubleshoot and resolve production obstacles.
Manufacturing Engineer III will have day-to-day responsibility in specified areas of the factory but will also be a cross-functional engineer throughout.
- Research, Identify, Install, and Qualify capital equipment to meet the requirements of product design and production processes.
- Lead projects and teams for key manufacturing initiatives.
- Works cross functionally to represent Manufacturing Engineering and Process requirements for development of business systems and processes.
- Implement repeatable, stable, and ergonomic processes to ensure Production operators can successfully meet, or exceed, established cycle times.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on quality and process metrics.
- Responds to quality issues and out-of-control events, including preventative and corrective action as well as subsequent continuous improvement projects.
- Resolve process, product, or systems problems that prevent meeting standard cycle-times or create ergonomic issues.
- Drive continuous improvement activities. Utilizes lean manufacturing principles to ensure sustainable improvements.
- Ensure facility layout, production flow, manufacturing methods, and work station design support production requirements.
- Ensure accurate sequence of events (SOE) and capacity models. Compares actual production time to SOEs to determine process performance and efficiency. Maintain accurate process times in ERP system to ensure accurate costing models.
- Ensures all processes have accurate and reliable internal work instructions (IWI) and machines/tools have documentation to ensure safe, reliable, and repeatable processes.
- Develop and maintain risk management documentation (FMEA, Control Plans, etc).
- Ensure the timely release of NPI products by participating in DFM reviews and cross-functional collaboration with the Engineering, Test Engineering, Materials, and Production groups. Ensure technology and processes capable of delivering NPI products.
- Defines and coordinates maintenance, repairs, and calibration of equipment.
- Assists with hands-on training of production staff on new or revised processes, products, tooling, and equipment.
- Responsible for bill of material (BOM), workflows, labor content and part number maintenance for manufacturing processes. Implements ECOs and completes ECO tasks as needed.
- Develop Lean Manufacturing skills and knowledge.
- Represent area of responsibility at Daily Management System (DMS) meetings and report out on actions toward resolution of obstacles.
- Interface with Enterprise Applications Team and Manufacturing Change Analyst to create/select appropriate production flows.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of recent, hands-on manufacturing experience in the applicable process area of expertise.
- Demonstrable experience in improving manufacturing processes, including an understanding of and the utilization of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and advanced competence in Excel.
- Organized and analytical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various department personnel.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be willing to alter hours including working weekends as the job requires.
- Must be willing to travel (less than 5%) for training.
|Job Category||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$90,000.00 to $110,000.00 annual salary commensurate|
|Benefits||Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, flex spending account, 401K with match, holiday and vacation pay|