- Responsible for compiling the scope of work from plans supplied into bid documents.
- Must be able to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications.
- Obtain material quotes from vendors/suppliers, including special pricing for select clients and repeat projects.
- Coordination with multiple inter-company departments for material and or shop labor questions.
- Contact with General Contractors for questions on bid requirements and checking on status of previous bids.
– Above position is for experienced applicants. These are NOT entry level positions.
– Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
-401K Plan after enrollment requirements have been met.
– Health Insurance options available.
– Other benefits will be discussed.
We are a growing company and are currently seeking to add an experienced estimator, preferably with Quick Bid/On Screen Take Off knowledge to our strong estimating team. This position REQUIRES millwork industry experience. Our consistent work and benefits make this an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, experienced millwork professional. The ideal individual will bring new ideas with a fresh perspective, but be willing to learn and understand our systems before attempting to change them.
Millwork Estimating Qualifications
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating systems and be able to perform the following tasks without instruction.
- Operate Outlook to send and sort emails.
- Navigate network drives to locate information stored on the network as required.
- Use plan hosting websites such as: ISQFT, Building Connected and other FTP sites.
- Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience in commercial finish carpentry/casework is required.
- Thorough knowledge of bidding software “Onscreen Takeoff and Quickbid” Heavily Preferred.
- Experience required: Minimum 3-5 years bidding commercial millwork with electronic estimating software.
- Experienced estimating large projects and preforming value engineering if requested by a client.
- Basic knowledge of AWI Quality Standards is preferred.
- Have the ability to understand what a three dimensional object will look like while only presented with two dimensional elevations.
- Good communication skills; both in person and over the phone.
- Existing relationship(s) with General Contractors or current clients preferred.
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||40-55K starting annual salary with strong advancement opportunity|
|Benefits||Health benefits, 401K, PTO and holiday pay.|