We are a Residential Millwork and Cabinetry manufacturer seeking an Operations Manager (OM) who will be the Senior Operations leader responsible for directing all manufacturing and operations functions in support of the company’s strategic and annual growth plans. The OM will oversee the Purchasing, Manufacturing, Materials and Distribution functions, and will work closely with the President on all decisions related to the operation of the company. As a member of senior management team, the OM will develop the manufacturing and operations business strategy as well as implement the annual operating plan that supports it. The position requires a business leader with both a strategic and an operations mindset including the ability to proactively identify potential growth opportunities for the company.
• Vision, Strategy and Business Performance
• Anticipate likely obstacles and generate creative ways to get around them.
• View problems in new and unique ways; generate breakthrough ideas and willing to entertain alternative structures to achieve strategic objectives.
• Make good decisions based upon available data.
• Implement and use metrics in conjunction with judgment to make sound strategic and tactical choices.
• Makes timely, tough decisions and anticipates problems.
• Ensure the company reaches agreed upon gross margin targets that reflect the annual and longer-term profitability plans.
• Manage supply chain and procurement to minimize capital impact.
• Manage the continuous improvement of the processes and resources that convert inputs into finished goods. Ensure that this conversion occurs at the lowest possible cost while meeting increasing customer expectations in terms of quality and delivery.
• Design additional flexibility into processes.
• Study potential bottlenecks and re-design manufacturing cells to meet expanding volume potential.
• Drive Lean principles across the manufacturing organization.
• Identify waste in the current processes.
• Implement continuous improvement mindset and Quality to drive quality improvements in both internal processes.
Education and Experience:
• Must have specific experience in leading operations with 5+ years in a senior leadership role that involves operations management, strategic planning and employee management.
|Job Category||Operations/General Management|
|Recruitment Contact||Craig Mengel (417) 214-5082|
|Salary Range||$90-$120K annual salary commensurate of experience|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance, paid vacations and holidays.|