The Finish Room Supervisor is responsible for supervising finish room employees. The Finish Room Supervisor directly coordinates the activities of production and assures timelines are met in coordination with the production manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and direct employees t:o ensure proper completion of all projects.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production timelines and goals.
- Train, cross-train, and evaluate staff to maximize work performance.
- Conduct performance evaluations on a 90-day and annual basis.
- Ensure employees are following call-in/tardy procedure and report any absences to HR in a timely matter.
- Ensure all employees are performing their assigned duties and of excellent quality.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to insure it is running properly.
- Complete product in the time frame given by Production Manager(s).
- Ensure all products are finished with accurate materials and without any emissions.
- Communicate closely with other Supervisors, Project Managers, and Production Manager to ensure all aspects run smoothly including change orders and rework.
- Evaluate the production process to identify changes and implement processes that will increase finish room productivity and efficiency.
- Assist in shop organization and cleanliness of the finishing room.
- Apply appropriate finishes to correct materials.
- Communicate with other finishers and shop employees to ensure proper application, selection, and finishing.
- Ensure all inventory is stored in a safe manner per safety regulations (stains, lacquers, masks, etc.).
- Ensure employees are properly disposing rags, cleaners, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to summarize and communicate orally in person or over the telephone and in written form email.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in finishing production.
- Knowledge of the Cabinet industry, its finish application, and its operation flow.
- Ability to analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of different wood species and products that may be used.
- Ability to read and understand plans, blueprints, drawings, and other construction documents.
- Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Team orientated.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information to make decisions.
- Ability to develop efficient production procedures with little supervision.
- High School Diploma
- Five years of finishing experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Overtime as required.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
- Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting to 80 pounds when needed.
- Able to squat to ground level while lifting or setting down cabinets or other materials.
- Ability to lift, pull, carry, grasp and push objects.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, and reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Capable of manipulating, grasping, and maneuvering tools and other materials.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Must stand for an extended period with minimal sitting.
- Often exposure to contaminants such as dust, lacquer, stain, and other odors.
- Constant exposure to loud noises and sounds.
- Constantly around hazardous equipment that can cause bodily harm if not use properly.
|Job Category||Finish Department, Finish Supervisor, Plant/Production|
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$24.00 to $28.00 hourly commensurate of experience|
|Relocation||$4000.00 to be paid out $2000.00 at 30 days and balance at 90 days|
|Benefits||Paid Holidays, PTO, Simple IRA, Health & Dental Insurance|