The position requires developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of Hettich’s product portfolio as well as competitive products. It is responsible for training and educating employees and customers on products and applications. It requires the ability and knowledge to design, build and assemble cabinetry mock-ups to showcase products. Additionally, this position will be the first interface between customers who have technical questions/complaints. Customer interface will mainly be via telephone and email. Occasional travel will be required to perform training as well as to install, setup and man tradeshow booths.
- Provide technical support to our customers and sales staff to ensure understanding of our products’ features and applications.
- Provide product application, installation and function training to customers at company premises and in the field.
- Produce and/or provide mock-ups and samples of products.
- Perform, evaluate and document product testing.
- Perform competitive analysis and maintain database of competitor products and literature.
- Organize, setup, service and teardown sets for trade shows and customer exhibitions in conjunction with staff and subcontractors. Setup and maintain contracts with vendors and subcontractors relative to the show/exhibition.
- Report and review quality issues.
- Identify replacement components and respond to customers.
- Solid understanding of application and installation of furniture and cabinet hardware products.
- Experience utilizing woodworking equipment and tools.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical degree
- 3 years of woodworking, cabinetmaking or related industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to read, and interpret general department materials. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, employees, and management.
Mathematical and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, data base and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Time is shared between office, woodshop and manufacturing environments. The noise levels vary depending on equipment assembling, but can be loud at times. Manufacturing environment is not temperature controlled.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate saws and other cabinet building equipment.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Monday through Friday. 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- 10-15%. Must have the ability to travel for 2 weeks at a time for tradeshows as well as internationally for training.
|Field of Interest|
Plant/Production, Technical Product Manager
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$70-$85K starting annual salary commensurate|
|Benefits||Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex spending account, disability, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay|