The Product Manager role will strategically support the Product Management team. This will be accomplished by having a fundamental understanding of business economics (pricing, cost, production and leverage points). The position will assist in business continuity through means of product portfolio analysis, customer/sales rep requests, and business process improvements related to Product Management.
- Continually conduct product category analysis on current offerings to understand position in terms of trends for revenue, costs, and gross margins.
- Actively collects market data through competitive landscaping, customer visits, trade shows etc. related to the Kitchen & Bath industry
- Outbound activities may include (but not limited to): defining the Go-To-Market Strategy on given launch, this may include supporting sales team in execution through understanding of the product/s and target markets.
- Seek creative methods to increase company profitability, product quality, and efficiency.
- Assist with Product Lifecycle and make recommendations.
- Head the project management of launches and development, this may include sourcing new vendors and products
Sales and Customer Support:
- Support sales team and customer service with existing and new product inquiries as well as contribute to driving sales growth and supporting customer conversation.
- Actively analyzes win/loss through CRM portal, report findings, develop solutions for losses and capitalize on wins.
- Assures business continuity with Phase-in / Phase-out of product/s and will collaborate with Demand Planner and Production.
- Collaborate with other various teams within the organization; Engineering, Accounting, Production, Marketing etc.
Strategy and Planning:
- Will research market pricing to assure that we are positioned accordingly to what the market will bear and maintain company price list.
- Assist in Product Category roadmap development.
- Leverage learnings from activities with customers of the product; gain understanding of customer needs to help determine minimum viable product and future needs as well.
- Initiate and track cost reduction initiatives.
- Takes care of communication (verbal and in writing) with colleagues and suppliers and in different layers of the organization (communicates effectively from the operational organization up to senior management level if needed).
- Delivers added value to the team based on knowledge and experiences to be able to find the right solutions.
- Clear and reliable – accepts personal responsibilities and follows through
- Pro-active – operates with high sense of urgency and personal initiative, and respond to multiple deadlines while maintaining good coordination and communication with colleagues and staff
- Performance oriented – achieves a clear result or objective
- Demonstrated commitment – makes a choice to be active team member
- Respectful – respects other team members
- Represents colleagues – represents knowledge of specific discipline and provides that input to the team
- Strives towards personal development – performs and learns as part of the team
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a business/technical related field
- Three-to-Five years of professional work experience in Product or Program Management
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to read, and interpret general department materials. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, and management.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
Mathematical and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematics.
- Problem solving is a critical skill
- Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, data base and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP
- Primarily works in office environment. Occasionally works in manufacturing environment that is not temperature controlled and the noise levels vary depending on equipment assembling, but can be loud at times.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions.
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads.
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends to complete work or to attend meetings.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Monday through Friday. 8:00AM-5PM.
- Estimated 10-20%
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$70-$85K starting annual salary commensurate|
|Benefits||Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex spending account, disability, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay|