Responsible for profitably estimating job opportunities for millwork projects of varying size and complexity. Estimates are derived from the bidder’s ability to accurately predict the amount of fabrication, finishing, and installation hours, in addition to the cost of raw materials for every unique project. A successful estimator must have an expansive hands-on knowledge of various fabrication and installation processes to meet the minimum requirements of this position. The Estimator will review bid invites and other opportunities as they arise to determine whether Company will accept or decline the invitation. Estimator’s primary responsibility is compiling project estimates and ensure Company commitments in regard to the bid schedule are accomplished. Effectively communicating and promptly following-up with external clients is an essential function required to be successful in this position.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Estimate number of fab, finish, and install hours required to complete the project, along with assessing cost and availability of raw goods.
· Develop and maintain a daily bid schedule, and adhere to customer’s deadlines
· Assess bid opportunities to determine feasibility of providing proposals on promising prospects.
· Plot, read, interpret, and understand architectural and shop drawings
· Complete takeoffs of architectural bid drawings then compile pricing estimate and a project scope of work using tools and software available
· Research & source specified materials and obtain price quotes from vendors, suppliers, or subcontractors
· Price, negotiate, compose, and issuance of project proposals to clientele
· Negotiate with prospects throughout bid stages; provide value engineering, breakdown pricing, alternates
· Participate in both internal/external meetings to actively collaborate with coordination of project requirements
· Communicate with clients, vendors, and team members via phone, email, fax, or in person on a daily basis. Expeditious follow-up skills are paramount
· Schedule and effectively lead comprehensive project handoff meetings to Project Management team for smooth starts
· Assist Project Management team with Change Order pricing and submittal
· Attend project site meetings as required by General Contractor, may include occasional overnight travel
· Attend and actively participate in weekly Company meetings
· Review of contract requirements, scope, specifications, and negotiations to ensure project successfulness and compliance
· Keep the General Manager and others immediately informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
· Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
· Excellent use of the following skill sets: verbal/written communication, time management, planning, executing, decision-making, technical, business acumen, and a managerial aptitude
· Other responsibilities as deemed necessary to ensure successful achievement of the requirements for this position
|Recruitment Contact||Craig Mengel (417) 214-5082|
|Salary Range||$60-$80K starting annual salary commensurate|
|Benefits||health, dental, 401K, PTO and Holidays|