Architectural, Commercial, Millwork and Cabinetry
Job Title: Department: Reports to: Schedule: FLSA Class:
Finish Room Supervisor Shop – Finish Room Production Manager
Monday – Thursday, 6:00am – 4:30pm, Fridays as required (hours vary) Non-Exempt (hourly)
The Finish Room Supervisor is responsible for supervising finish room employees. The Finish Room Supervisor directly coordinates the activities of production and assures timelines are met in coordination with the production manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and direct employees t:o ensure proper completion of all
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production timelines and
- Train, cross-train, and evaluate staff to maximize work performance.
- Conduct performance evaluations on a 90-day and annual
- Ensure employees are following call-in/tardy procedure and report any absences to HR in a timely
- Ensure all employees are performing their assigned duties and of excellent
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to insure it is running
- Complete product in the time frame given by Production Manager(s).
- Ensure all products are finished with accurate materials and without any
- Communicate closely with other Supervisors, Project Managers, and Production Manager to ensure all aspects run smoothly including change orders and
- Evaluate the production process to identify changes and implement processes that will increase finish room productivity and
- Assist in shop organization and cleanliness of the finishing
- Apply appropriate finishes to correct
- Communicate with other finishers and shop employees to ensure proper application, selection, and
- Ensure all inventory is stored in a safe manner per safety regulations (stains, lacquers, masks, ).
- Ensure employees are properly disposing rags, cleaners,
- Other duties as
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to summarize and communicate orally in person or over the telephone and in written form
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in finishing
- Knowledge of the Cabinet industry, its finish application, and its operation
- Ability to analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of different wood species and products that may be
- Ability to read and understand plans, blueprints, drawings, and other construction
- Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information to make
- Ability to develop efficient production procedures with little supervision.
- High School Diploma
- Five years of finishing experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when
- Overtime as
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
- Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting to 80 pounds when needed.
- Able to squat to ground level while lifting or setting down cabinets or other materials.
- Ability to lift, pull, carry, grasp and push
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, and reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Capable of manipulating, grasping, and maneuvering tools and other
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and
- Ability to accurately read a tape
- Must stand for an extended period with minimal
- Often exposure to contaminants such as dust, lacquer, stain, and other odors.
- Constant exposure to loud noises and
- Constantly around hazardous equipment that can cause bodily harm if not use
|Field of Interest|
Finish Department, Finish Supervisor
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 682-3056|
|Salary Range||$25-$30 hourly pay commensurate of experience|
|Benefits||Paid Holidays, PTO, Simple IRA, Health & Dental Insurance|