The Commercial Estimators are responsible for preparing cost estimates for project materials and construction for the company including bidding on the cost of projects and services. This position will require periodic trips to Minnesota, but the candidate will live in the NW Arkansas area and be remote from physical manufacturing facility.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Estimating the characteristics of materials and entire projects.
• Analyze blueprints and other documents to prepare material labor and cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors and subcontractors.
• Estimate sizes, distances, resources, and quantities to perform a work activity.
• Consult with clients, vendors, and contractors to formulate estimates and solve issues.
• Confer with architects, contractors, owners, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Work with drafters, supervisor, manager and other departments to formulate accurate bids.
• Communicate with customers, public, government, and other external sources in person, writing, and telephone.
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting methods and procedures.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documents at regular intervals for the duration of a project.
• Abide by DCD estimating SOP’s.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Ability to summarize and communicate orally in person or over the telephone and in written form over email.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Can apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost, and other techniques to maximize production.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of woodwork.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Team oriented and the ability to operate with a diverse group of people.
• High School Diploma
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary
• Overtime as required.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
• Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting up to 20 pounds when needed.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
• Capable of manipulating, grasping, and maneuvering tools and other materials.
For immediate consideration contact email@example.com or call (417) 850-7159.
|Field of Interest|
|Recruitment Contact||Ryan Fullerton (417) 850-7159|
|Salary Range||$60-$80K starting annual salary commensurate of experience|
|Benefits||Paid Holidays, PTO, Simple IRA, Health & Dental Insurance|